American White: "Casper"
American White: "Creampuff"
Blue Beveren: "Beverly"
6) In this sample is one breed heavier?
7) In this sample is one gender heavier?
8) If this sample is representative of all rabbits of these breeds,
construct a rule about their expected weights.
9) How could you design an experiment to test if your rule was true or false?
10) Complete these sample Hypothesis statements with the words "more" or "less."
All American bucks weigh ____ than all Beveren bucks
All American does weigh ____than all Beveren does.
All American rabbits weigh _____ than all Beveren rabbits.
5) If the rabbits were placed in order from heaviest to lightest, which answer is correct?
a) American doe, American buck, Beveren buck, Beveren doe
b) American doe, Beveren doe, American buck, Beveren buck
c) American buck, American doe, Beveren buck, Beveren doe
d) American doe, American buck, Beveren doe, Beveren buck
Two adult female rabbits (Does) were selected for this lab.
One doe is a Blue Beveren and one is an American White.
Note: Only the white rabbit has red eyes but the camera flash makes the dark rabbit look like it has red eyes
Read the scale.
3) How much does each rabbit weigh?
4) Which rabbit weighs more? How much more?
Blue Beveren: "Blu"
PART A: Reading scale
Two adult male rabbits (Bucks) were selected for this lab.
One buck is a Blue Beveren and one is an American White.
Read the scale.
1) How much does each rabbit weigh? (Unit: pounds)
2) Which rabbit weighs more? How much more?
LAB 1: Biometrics (Weighing and Measuring Rabbits)